One of the benefits of having a successful business is, hopefully, that it will at some point allow you to retire! However for most business owners, this does not mean simply walking away, but rather a desire to see the success you have created continue on, although in the hands of another. There are often a number of issues (and options) in completing this goal successfully though, and having experienced advisors assist you through such a significant step is critical.
So whether it is transitioning your business to children or other family members or to key employee(s), or selling it outright to a third party, working with you and your team, our team can help make those transactions as smooth as possible.
Legal services we provide in this area include:
- Corporate restructuring and other tax-planned transactions
- Business purchase and sales, whether by way of the sale of assets or sale of shares (or a hybrid model)
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Succession agreements, shareholders agreements, share retraction agreements and other required documents
- Wills and estate planning
- Vendor financing, earnouts, consulting or management arrangements, and other ongoing participation options
How Can We Help You?
For an initial consultation, tell us a little bit about your case and a member of our law firm will contact you within one business day.
Related Blog Posts
Will your prenuptial agreement stand up to a court challenge? The BC Court of Appeal recently revisited this issue in the case of Dhaliwal v.
Section 211 reports are court ordered reports completed by an independent and impartial investigator. Section 211 reports assess the needs and views of a child