One of the benefits of having a successful business is, hopefully, that it will at some point allow you to retire! However for most business owners, this does not mean simply walking away, but rather a desire to see the success you have created continue on, although in the hands of another. There are often a number of issues (and options) in completing this goal successfully though, and having experienced advisors assist you through such a significant step is critical.
So whether it is transitioning your business to children or other family members or to key employee(s), or selling it outright to a third party, working with you and your team, our team can help make those transactions as smooth as possible.
Legal services we provide in this area include:
- Corporate restructuring and other tax-planned transactions
- Business purchase and sales, whether by way of the sale of assets or sale of shares (or a hybrid model)
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Succession agreements, shareholders agreements, share retraction agreements and other required documents
- Wills and estate planning
- Vendor financing, earnouts, consulting or management arrangements, and other ongoing participation options
How Can We Help You?
For an initial consultation, tell us a little bit about your case and a member of our law firm will contact you within one business day.
Related Blog Posts
Evolving Family Dynamics: British Columbia Courts Recognize More than two Parents under the Family Law Act – by Cristen Gleeson and Emily Milne
In a recent decision of the BC Supreme Court, British Columbia Birth Registration No. 2018-XX-XX5815, 2021 BCSC 767, the Court determined that all three parents in
Will your prenuptial agreement stand up to a court challenge? The BC Court of Appeal recently revisited this issue in the case of Dhaliwal v.