One of the benefits of having a successful business is, hopefully, that it will at some point allow you to retire! However for most business owners, this does not mean simply walking away, but rather a desire to see the success you have created continue on, although in the hands of another. There are often a number of issues (and options) in completing this goal successfully though, and having experienced advisors assist you through such a significant step is critical.
So whether it is transitioning your business to children or other family members or to key employee(s), or selling it outright to a third party, working with you and your team, our team can help make those transactions as smooth as possible.
Legal services we provide in this area include:
- Corporate restructuring and other tax-planned transactions
- Business purchase and sales, whether by way of the sale of assets or sale of shares (or a hybrid model)
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Succession agreements, shareholders agreements, share retraction agreements and other required documents
- Wills and estate planning
- Vendor financing, earnouts, consulting or management arrangements, and other ongoing participation options
How Can We Help You?
For an initial consultation, tell us a little bit about your case and a member of our law firm will contact you within one business day.
Related Blog Posts
What is the difference between an executor and a trustee of an estate? Who should I select?
It is important to understand the difference between an executor and a trustee of an estate, as these estate administration roles play a vital part
Deal or No Deal: Buyer’s Remorse
After a dispute is settled at mediation, what happens if one side changes their mind? The answer to this question is found in the leading
© 2022 Baker Newby Full-Service Lawyers. All rights reserved.