Trevin B. Rogers
Trevin is part of Baker Newby’s solicitor’s department, acting primarily for businesses and business people by providing practical legal advice in a variety of areas.
“I really enjoy all aspects of business (including my own). Acting for other businesses and business owners gives me the opportunity to learn about, and appreciate, how their business operates and what issues they might face. My goal, and what motivates me most, is being part of my client’s “team” and so being able to provide guidance and assistance wherever I can to help make their business a success.”
Trevin received his Juris Doctorate from the University of British Columbia Law School in 1988. After practising with a larger firm in Vancouver, Trevin joined Baker Newby in 1992 and became a partner in 1995. Trevin is also actively involved in the overall management of Baker Newby, having joined Baker Newby’s management team in 2005.
Trevin also appreciates that the tremendous success of Baker Newby is in large part due to the great communities and clients whom we serve, and accordingly enjoys giving back to those communities. In addition to his involvement in a number of charitable and non-profit organizations, Trevin has coached youth basketball at a variety of levels, and is currently the assistant coach of the Sardis Secondary senior boys basketball team.
When not working or volunteering, Trevin still enjoys playing basketball as much as possible, and of course supporting his three children through university with the unrealistic hope that one day they may financially support him.
Primary Practice Areas
- Business structuring and reorganizations
- Purchases and sales of businesses and properties (including share and asset transactions)
- Real estate development
- Commercial lending
- Commercial leasing
- Succession planning for businesses and business families
- Current Member/past President – Chilliwack Mount Cheam Rotary Club
- Founding/current Board Member and Secretary – Chilliwack Housing for Homeless Foundation
- Past Board Member and Board Chair – Chilliwack Economic Partners Corporation
- Past Board Member and President – Big Brothers and Big Sisters Upper Fraser Valley
- Past Board Member and President – Chilliwack Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member and President – Downtown Chilliwack Business Improvement Association
- Past Board Member and President – United Way of the Fraser Valley
- Past Member – University of the Fraser Valley Community Council
- Basketball Coach – Steve Nash Youth Basketball, Trans Canada Athletics Club Basketball, Vedder Middle School, Sardis Secondary School
- City of Chilliwack Community Spirit Award
- Chilliwack Bar Association (B.C. Branch) Community Service Award
- Rotary International Paul Harris Scholarship
- United Way Community Service Award
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Chilliwack & District Bar Association
Team Members Blog Posts
Drug and alcohol-impaired driving is illegal in Canada. With the legalization of cannabis, the legislature has taken measures to strengthen...
Insurance companies deny disability claims for a variety of reasons, including a lack of medical evidence, changes in medical or...
How can we help you?
People hire lawyers for advice and expertise all of the time, in all kinds of situations. In good times as well as bad, with a lawyer’s help, individuals and businesses understand and secure their legal rights and financial interests.