Spousal support is designed to help someone become financially independent within a reasonable time. The amount and length of time varies for each family.
Some of the details we may discuss regarding your situation may include the following:
- The current employment of each person
- The length of your relationship
- The higher earners ability to pay support
- Whether financial assistance is necessary
- Any previous agreements made regarding spousal support
Receiving or preventing spousal support orders cannot be guaranteed which is why we seek to help individuals come to an agreement on their own.