Todd C. Harvey
Todd Harvey was born in Vancouver, B.C. and grew up in Tsawwassen, (South Delta), B.C. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Philosophy from Simon Fraser University in 1996 and received his Bachelor of Laws from the University of British Columbia in 2001. He articled at a corporate-commercial firm in Vancouver and was called to the Bar in 2002. Mr. Harvey joined Baker Newby LLP in September 2002 and became a partner in January 2006.
Mr. Harvey’s legal practice includes corporate reorganizations, tax-motivated transactions, real estate transactions and general corporate-commercial work. Mr. Harvey’s real estate practice is focused on the purchase and sale of farms. Mr. Harvey also practices in the areas of estate planning, incapacity planning, business succession planning and estate administration. This includes assisting clients with Wills, Powers of Attorney, Representation Agreements and Advance Directives for health care and all types of Trusts. Mr. Harvey has extensive experience advising clients on estate matters, including applications for Grants of Probate and Grants of Administration, estate accounting, transfer and sale of real estate, transfer or sale of corporate interests and settlement of estate disputes.
Mr. Harvey has been involved with the following organizations in the community:
- Chilliwack Foundation – Director from 2008 to 2016, Chair of Board of Directors from 2011 to 2016, Chair of Distribution Committee from 2008 to present
- Rotary Club of Chilliwack – member since 2008, Director from 2012 to 2014, President for 2017 – 2018 fiscal year, Past President
- Chilliwack Hospital Foundation (formerly Chilliwack Hospital and Health Care Foundation) – member of Board of Trustees from 2010 to 2016, Vice President from 2010 to 2016
- Estate Planning Council of Abbotsford – founding member in 2003
- Chilliwack Chamber of Commerce – Director from 2003 to 2008, Vice-President from 2005-2006, President in 2007
- Canadian Home Builders Association of Chilliwack and District – Director in 2003
Mr. Harvey and his wife Keely, and their two children, live in Chilliwack and enjoy travel, sailing, hiking and camping.
Team Members Blog Posts
It is important to note that not all assets are governed by a Will. All assets in joint tenancy, with...
“In case I die in this mess I leave all to the wife. Cecil Geo Harris” In Saskatchewan in 1948,...
How can we help you?
People hire lawyers for advice and expertise all of the time, in all kinds of situations. In good times as well as bad, with a lawyer’s help, individuals and businesses understand and secure their legal rights and financial interests.