Jason R. Filek
Jason is a problem solver, and takes a practical, efficient and reasonable approach to dispute resolution. He believes strongly in the use of alternate dispute resolution, such as mediation. Nevertheless, if alternate dispute resolutions fail, he is equally comfortable in the courtroom. His years prosecuting criminal offences on behalf of the Director of Public Prosecution, and defending claims on behalf of insurance companies, has provided him with wide ranging trial experience.
Jason was born and raised in Kamloops, British Columbia, but has made Chilliwack home since joining the firm in 2003 as a law student. He graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Saskatchewan in 2004, and was called to the British Columbia Bar in 2005.
Other than law, Jason’s passion is music. He plays guitar and sings in a rock cover band, Lost & Loaded, whose primary focus is to hold an annual concert raising funds in support of a Chilliwack women’s shelter, Wilma’s Transition House.
Primary Practice Areas
- Wills & Estates disputes
- Insurance litigation
- Lease disputes
- General civil litigation
- Current Member/past Board Member – Rotary Club of Chilliwack
- Past Board Member – Canadian Home Builder’s Association of the Upper Fraser Valley
- Past Board Member – Canadian Home Builder’s Association of the Fraser Valley
- Past Board Member – United Way of the Fraser Valley
- Past volunteer basketball coach – Steve Nash Youth Basketball
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Chilliwack & District Bar Association (past President and Secretary)
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Trial Lawyers of British Columbia
Team Members Blog Posts
In March of 2013, a man from Alberta was on a snowmobile adventure with family and friends near McBride, British...
How can we help you?
People hire lawyers for advice and expertise all of the time, in all kinds of situations. In good times as well as bad, with a lawyer’s help, individuals and businesses understand and secure their legal rights and financial interests.