How Do You Define Success?
Success is one of those concepts that is often measured by material conquests – money, power, titles, the Stanley Cup (sorry Canucks fans!). But success is far more fluid than that and should be measured differently in different situations. To a doctor, success is helping heal someone’s body. To a psychiatrist, success is healing someone’s mind. They have different goals and outcomes, but both are a success.
Legal Service Success
In the context of legal services, for example, success may mean:
- A succession plan that allows a family-owned business to remain in the family;
- Completing a large, complicated company restructuring so that your business is better positioned to move forward;
- Collecting child support from an ex-spouse to take the pressure off, or knowing for sure you will see your kids over the holidays;
- Finally completing your Will to provide peace of mind and comfort to yourself and your loved ones should something unexpected happen;
- Even just the efficient completion of the purchase of your house, which is often the most significant purchase in many people’s lives.
In short, while measuring success varies with each legal situation that presents itself, what is consistent in achieving that success is knowing you have the right legal team working with you. And at Baker Newby, we measure success by being that team.
Baker Newby – your team for success.