J. Luke Zacharias
I have a passion for helping people. In the context of law, people often need assistance during some of the most difficult times of their lives. I care about being able to make a real difference during these difficult times.
I believe that people deserve to be treated fairly and I know that I can help to make that happen through the work that I do. A lot of the work that I do is focussed on helping people deal with insurance companies.
I also strongly believe in giving back to my community. I have focussed much of my community involvement on helping those in need. These are some of the community organizations that I have been involved with.
- Board Member, Chilliwack Community Services 2010-2011
- Vice-President, Chilliwack Community Services 2011-2012
- President, Chilliwack Community Services 2012-2016
- Past President, Chilliwack Community Services – 2016 – present
- Director, Chilliwack Children’s Foundation 2008-2012
- Vice Chair, Chilliwack Children’s Foundation 2012-2013
- Chair, Chilliwack Children’s Foundation 2013-present
- Member, Chilliwack Mt. Cheam Rotary Club 2006-present
- Board Member, Mt. Cheam Rotary Club 2015 – present
- President – Elect, Mt. Cheam Rotary Club 2016-2017
- President – Mt. Cheam Rotary Club 2017 – 2018
- Advisory Committee Member, Starfish Backpack Program 2015 – present
- Board Member – Chilliwack Economic Partners Corporation – 2017 – present
I am a passionate advocate for my clients. Most cases are resolved by way of settlement, however if a reasonable settlement cannot be reached I am willing to go to trial. Below is a sample of some of the court results that I have achieved for my clients.
- Noftle v. Bartosch, 2018 BCSC 766
- Godbout v. Notter, 2018 BCSC 1043
- Schlachter v. Foster, 2017 BCSC 300
- Toor v. Aujla, 2015 BCSC 1104
- Renaerts v. Renaerts, 2015 BCSC 1028
- Hood v. Zulynaik, 2013 BCSC 2616
- Spenst v. Reemeyer, 2013 BCSC 1934
- Jarvie v. Banwait, 2013 BCSC
- Hood v. Wrigley, 2013 BCSC 231
- Bains v. Bhullar, 2012 BCSC 1418
- Prins Greenhouses Ltd. v. Garden Back to Eden Organic Ltd., 2010 BCSC 1939
- Prins Greenhouses Ltd. v. Garden Back to Eden Organic Ltd., 2010 BCCA 601
I grew up in Chilliwack and graduated from the University of the Fraser Valley with a Bachelor of Arts in 1999. I attended law school at the University of British Columbia and graduated with my Juris Doctor in 2002. I have been a member of the British Columbia Bar since completing my articles in 2003.
Team Members Blog Posts
On February 21, 2007, the Plaintiff was riding in the front passenger seat of a vehicle driven by her friend,...
How can we help you?
People hire lawyers for advice and expertise all of the time, in all kinds of situations. In good times as well as bad, with a lawyer’s help, individuals and businesses understand and secure their legal rights and financial interests.