At Baker Newby LLP we take great pride in supporting our community. Not only do we support our community on a corporate level, but we also encourage our lawyers and staff to get involved personally in nearly all aspects of community affairs, including holding positions with numerous local and charitable organizations.
In addition to supporting the involvement of our personnel in various organizations, we are also proud to financially support numerous charities and other local organizations. From providing prizes for local golf tournaments, to being the corporate sponsor for charitable organizations and events, we are pleased to support the community in which we live. We strongly believe that being a good corporate citizen means giving back to the community in which we live and work, and we are proud that on both a corporate and individual basis we do this on a daily basis.Find Us on Facebook
Specific events and organizations which we are currently proud to assist and sponsor include:
- “Jeans Day”, where on the last Friday of each month lawyers and staff may wear jeans to work if they provide a donation, with all the money raised going to local charities.
- Rotary Clubs of Chilliwack
- Sponsorship of several families each Christmas through the Salvation Army Adopt-a-Family program
- Support of numerous local golf tournaments (fundraisers) hosted by the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board, Chilliwack and District Home Builders’ Association, Chilliwack Chamber of Commerce, and Chilliwack Rotary Clubs.
- United Way of the Fraser Valley “Leader of the Way” and “Days of Caring” sponsor
- Chilliwack Hospice – ongoing corporate sponsorship of various fundraising initiatives.
For virtually all of the above noted charitable and service organizations, we have had members of our firm sit on the executive boards in various capacities over the years.