At Baker Newby LLP we have, and wish to continue to have, the very best support staff to assist our professional staff.
We are interested in you.
Resumes can be submitted:
- online to email@example.com,
- by fax (1-604-792-8711); or
- by mail to attention of the administrator
P.O. Box 390, 9259 Main Street, Chilliwack, BC V2P 6K2
While we appreciate all inquiries, in many cases we are not able to respond to every application. Only those being considered for a current position will be contacted.
Resumes are kept on file for 6 months and reviewed if a new position arises. Candidates will be called for an interview if there is a chance they may fit the current requirements.
Current Positions Available
We are constantly looking for applicants who would be a good fit for our constantly growing firm. We expect rapid growth in the near future, and would be interested in soliciting applicants for the following positions:
- Junior Litigation Assistant (Abbotsford)
- ICBC Defence Legal Assistant
- Civil/Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
While all applications will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- A graduate of a recognized legal secretarial or paralegal certificate program;
- 3 years of legal assistant experience;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, with exposure to legal accounting software;
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment, with a willingness to welcome our firm culture as it relates to quality, consistency, trust and distinction; and
- A desire to reconnect with existing roots in Abbotsford or Chilliwack, or a desire to develop new roots in the beautiful Fraser Valley.
Please forward all resumes to:
Box 390, 9259 Main Street
Chilliwack, BC V2P 6K2
Fax: (604) 792-8711
At Baker Newby LLP, salaries are competitive with other firms in the Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley. We also offer full medical, dental, extended health, long term disability, optional life insurance, optional RRSP employee contributions, optional Canada Savings Bonds deductions, as well as:
- free parking when available in our parking lot
- mileage for work-related travel
- long time service awards
Enjoying life away from the office is important at Baker Newby LLP and as such we try to keep overtime to a minimum. In an effort to try and make the work environment more fun, we offer other perks to our employees to show our appreciation:
- Staff Christmas party
- Staff and family summer party
- Inter-office baseball challenge
- Casual day last Friday of each month, including pizza for lunch
- “Warm and fuzzy” welcome lunch to new employees (usually with 3-4 staff members who will be working closely with you).
We encourage support for community activities. For example, staff donations and fund-raising activities are carried out throughout the year to raise money to support less privileged families at Christmas time
We strive to keep our computer equipment up-to-date and use the latest software available to law offices. State of the art digital copiers have recently been installed, as well as outgoing fax machines in areas close to staff members. Each support staff member has:
- his/her own computer
- internal/external email,
- voice mail, and
- printers usually shared by no more than 3 staff members at a time
Resources available to every staff member are access to long term employees who can offer not only help with internal systems, but offer valuable “history” anecdotes you may find interesting. New employees are offered an initial orientation with:
- our Systems Administrator for full training on our computer and telephone system;
- our Accounting Department for training on our accounting package, including time entry, billings and recording of disbursements
- our Administrative Assistant for training in the use of the copiers, fax machines, alarm system and the office manual
- our Office Services Clerk for training in our incoming/outgoing mail procedures, courier, and office supplies
- We also have on staff a photocopy clerk for large copying jobs.
Ongoing training and support is always available to each support staff member!
While we appreciate all applications, only those experienced applicants who are considered will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org