We are seeking an Office Services Clerk for our Chilliwack office, affectionately known internally as our “Runner”.
This is an active and fast-paced job that requires someone physically able to perform their duties. It is not uncommon that one could take 8-10 thousand steps per day.
Candidates must have a fully functional and reliable vehicle to perform the job functions. You will be reimbursed for mileage during on-the-job vehicle usage.
We are looking for a hard-working, but outgoing and friendly individual, as you will by virtue of the duties, act as a public ambassador for our Firm during your daily deliveries to other local businesses and institutions.
While we will appreciate and consider recent LAA graduates who may view this as an opportunity to enter a law firm, this position may also offer a unique opportunity for more mature candidates with no law firm experience to enter a professional services firm environment.
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Pick-up, open and distribute incoming mail / Stamping, posting, and delivery of outgoing mail to local post office;
- Closed file retrieval from local off-site storage;
- Refiling of retrieved files;
- Local courier runs including bank deposits, the Chilliwack Courthouse, and various pickup and deliveries upon request by lawyers/assistants;
- Grocery shopping for common office provisions;
- Set-up and clean-up of meeting rooms when required;
- Back-up reception relief as required for coverage;
- Refill all common area staplers; refill paper for copiers and fax machines;
- Backup assistance for photocopying projects when required and/or available;
- Backup assistance for closing files and existing closed files management;
- Backup assistance for filing for Legal Administrative Assistants as time permits;
While we do appreciate all interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.