Baker Newby presently has a unique opening for a Junior Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant. You would report most directly to a Senior Paralegal and Legal Assistant, but enjoy a broad variety of exposure to Family Law, Plaintiff Personal Injury matters, ICBC Defence matters and General Civil Litigation.
This position presents an excellent and encouraging environment for continued training for new legal assistants, ideally for candidates with some litigation experience, but perhaps looking to expand their base of experience beyond strictly motor vehicle litigation.
Some specific initial duties will include:
• Initial filing opening, and closing upon its completion
• Paying invoices / Request trust cheques
• Updating file indexes/Request Lists
• Sending records to opposing counsel or client
• Canvassing Trial, Discovery and Mediation dates with opposing counsel
• Photocopying, filing and scanning jobs as required
Experience with either of Amicus or ESILaw would be considered an asset, in addition to previous experience in other professional services environment. Candidates must have their Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate, and possess very strong computer skills, as we work in an ever increasing paperless practice.
While we appreciate all interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.