We are currently seeking a general office assistant to assist our busy Land Department. This position is in our Chilliwack office and available immediately.
While this is an opportunity within a law firm, this position may be suitable for individuals with no legal experience, but with established general professional office experience.
This position may also appeal to mature experienced legal assistants who may have left the legal industry for any amount of time, looking to re-establish themselves within a law firm.
An example of the main duties are, but may not be limited to:
• Managing the intake of new conveyancing clients;
• Client coordination and booking appointments;
• Opening files;
• Database entry;
• Scanning and organization of file materials;
• Simple correspondence and client contact;
• Vendor, bank and service provider correspondence and contact;
• Registry searches and online database inquiries;
• Ordering and filing documents online;
• Arranging couriers;
• General filing and closing files.
You would report most directly to a Senior Paralegal and two Legal Assistants, which provides an excellent and encouraging environment for continued training.
The successful candidate will be mature, have meticulous attention to detail, established writing and communication skills, the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, and possess very strong computer skills as we work in an ever-increasing paperless practice.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.