Baker Newby LLP has an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our Abbotsford office.
Some specific tasks for the successful candidate will include:
– Conflict searches
– Prepare intake materials for initial meetings
– Opening files
– Preparing initial letters
– Filing for lawyers and senior staff on a daily basis
– Photocopying and scanning as requested
– Maintain Request Lists
– Printing photos from CDs or emails and duplicating CDs and DVDs
– Create and update Trial Binders and indexes
– IME Coordination
– Create and update pleadings indexes
– Prepare authorizations
– Prepare standard letters, using precedents
– Request cheques, pay invoices, maintain Accounting folders
– Prepare and maintain Special Damages Lists
– Arrange travel and accommodations where necessary for lawyer or client
– Close files
Brief daily Reception coverage (in addition to longer vacation coverage) also forms an important component of the position.
While we will very much strongly consider all recent graduates of Legal Administrative Assistant programs, those candidates with some experience or exposure to Personal Injury or ICBC Defence practices will be preferred for an interview. Experience with Amicus and/or ESILaw would also be considered an asset.