Established in 1937, Baker Newby LLP is one of the largest law firms in the Fraser Valley with offices in Chilliwack and Abbotsford. We currently have an immediate opening for a Family Law Legal Administrative Assistant in our Chilliwack office.
Working as a team in a department of six, duties will include assisting in the day to day management of files, including but not limited to:
• Maintaining file organization and assisting with organizing document binders and files;
• Prepare general correspondence;
• Deal directly with clients, counsel, etc;
• Scheduling client appointments, trials, examinations for discovery, mediations, etc;
• Closing files and administrative tasks as needed.
While we will very much strongly consider all recent graduates of Legal Administrative Assistant programs, those candidates with some experience or exposure to a Family Law practice will be preferred for an interview. Experience with Amicus and/or ESILaw would also be considered an asset.