Established in 1937, Baker Newby LLP is one of the largest law firms in the Fraser Valley with offices in Chilliwack and Abbotsford. We currently have an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our Chilliwack office assisting our growing Family Law Department.
Working with a team in an existing department of six, duties will include assisting in the day-to-day management of files, including but not limited to:
• Maintaining file organization and assisting with organizing document binders and files;
• Prepare general correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, and other related parties;
• Dealing directly with clients, counsel, etc. via telephone and email;
• Scheduling client appointments, trials, examinations for discovery, mediations, etc;
• Closing files, filing and general administrative tasks as needed.
Family Law is a fast paced and dynamic area of law that can provide a very rewarding legal career. Applicants should be flexible and willing to be able to respond to sensitive and urgent matters as they arise.
A dedicated work ethic and strong attention to detail is paramount for the successful candidate. Candidates must have their Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate, and possess very strong computer skills, as we work in an ever-increasing paperless practice.
While we will very much strongly consider all recent graduates of Legal Administrative Assistant programs, those candidates with some experience or exposure to a Family Law practice will be preferred for an interview. Experience with Amicus and/or ESILaw would also be considered an asset.