Family Law Legal Assistant
Established in 1937, Baker Newby LLP is one of the largest law firms in the Fraser Valley with offices in Chilliwack and Abbotsford. We are currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to work in the Family Law Department in our Chilliwack office.
Working as a team in a department of five, duties will include assisting in the day to day management of files, including but not limited to:
- Review of financial information and draft preparation of Form 8 Financial Statements;
- Preparation of: Divorce Affidavits, Child Support Affidavits, Settlement Statements, Consent Divorce Orders, Registrar’s Certificate, draft Trial Briefs, draft Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines calculations, Notice of Trials, Trial Records, Trial Certificates, draft Affidavits for Chambers Applications, draft Notice of Applications, Judicial Case Conference Notices;
- Setting Examinations for Discovery and Trial Management Conferences
- Preparing Lists of Documents;
- Day to day letters and client emails;
- Maintaining and monitoring BFs;
- Preparation of monthly client accounts;
- Digital transcription of dictated pleadings.
Preferred candidates will have 3+ years of experience, and excellent technical proficiency, as we move towards paperless practices. Any exposure to Amicus or ESILaw would also be considered an asset.
Baker Newby LLP is well aware of the perception that Fraser Valley law firms may pay less than Downtown firms. While we admit this may be true for some very junior positions, know that we are committed to offering very competitive salaries when considering experienced assistants from outside of the Fraser Valley. If you are looking to reconnect with existing roots, or have a desire to develop new roots in the beautiful Fraser Valley, we invite you to consider Baker Newby LLP.
While we appreciate all applications, only those experienced applicants who are considered will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com