We recognize that our ability to maintain our position as one of the leading firms in British Columbia depends on our continuing commitment to add dynamic new lawyers to our firm. As such, we are always looking for qualified lawyers to join our team.
If you are interested in a position with Baker Newby LLP, please forward your resumé to the attention of the Administrator. Resumés may be submitted in any of the following ways:
- online (email@example.com),
- by fax (1-604-792-8711); or
- by mail to the attention of the administrator
- P.O Box 390, 9259 Main Street, Chilliwack, BC V2P 6K2
Every resumé is reviewed and responded to, and you will be called for an interview if you will fit our current or anticipated requirements.
Positions Currently Available
- Baker Newby LLP has openings for a 5+ years call litigators.
We are always looking for qualified associates. If you are interested in a career with Baker Newby LLP please forward your resume to our Managing Partner, Cristen Gleeson at our Chilliwack office.
Quality Work, Experience and Education
Baker Newby LLP will provide you with not just quantity, but quality, work. Baker Newby LLP offers the following:
- Baker Newby LLP services small, medium and large clients based in British Columbia and other parts of the world.
- From the start you will have direct contact with clients, conduct of your own files and will be encouraged to develop a client base. As a litigator, you will get immediate court room experience through chambers applications, small claims proceedings, and trials.
- We recognize that different individuals, and particularly different levels of call, will each start with different experience and develop at different speeds. Our primary goal, particularly with more junior lawyers, is to ensure that they develop strong technical and practical skills. Associates at our firm are assigned a Mentor, being either a senior associate or a partner, to assist them in any way possible. Baker Newby LLP has an “open door” which encourages associates to discuss matters with any other member of the firm.
- As part of our commitment to develop our new lawyers, we encourage Continuing Legal Education courses, and have developed “Baker Newby University”. “BNU” is a quarterly evening seminar on a variety of practical topics ranging from cross-examinations to file management. BNU is a great opportunity to learn all those “real” issues that they never taught you in law school!
- We also strive to provide new associates with a sense of belonging to our organization by hosting a number of social events throughout the year aimed at bringing the “team” together in a more relaxed environment.
Every associate will have access to all of the firm’s available resources and support, including the following:
- One of the firm’s greatest strengths is its highly experienced, qualified and friendly staff. Every associate will have access to a secretary, and other staff in accounting, word processing corporate, and administration.
- Baker Newby LLP recognizes the critical role of technology. We are constantly monitoring and upgrading our technology.
- Each associate has a quality computer on his/her desktop with direct Internet and e-mail access. In addition, where required, each associate will be provided a cellular phone for his/her use.
Each associate also has his/her own office! And with outside windows, no less! (No sharing and no broom closets!)
- For the litigators, our Abbotsford office is located only 1 km from the Abbotsford Courthouse and in Chilliwack our office is located within easy walking distance (approximately two blocks) from a new, state-of-the-art Courthouse.