We recognize that our ability to maintain our position as one of the leading firms in British Columbia depends on our continuing commitment to add dynamic new lawyers to our firm. As such, we are always looking for qualified lawyers to join our team.
If you are interested in a position with Baker Newby LLP, please forward your resumé to the attention of the Administrator. Resumés may be submitted in any of the following ways:
- online (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- by fax (1-604-792-8711); or
- by mail to attention of the administrator
P.O. Box 390, 9259 Main Street, Chilliwack, BC V2P 6K2
Every resumé is reviewed and responded to, and you will be called for an interview if you will fit our current or anticipated requirements.
Positions Currently Available
- Baker Newby LLP has an immediate opening for litigators ideally with two to five years call, but all experience levels are encouraged to apply.
We are always looking for qualified associates. If you are interested in a career with Baker Newby LLP please forward your resume to our Partner, Adnan Habib at our Abbotsford office.
Quality Work, Experience and Education
From a professional perspective, the opportunities are almost unlimited. The Fraser Valley has one of the fastest growing populations in the province, and tends to have an under-serviced legal market. Baker Newby LLP in turn has a long established track record and reputation for providing excellent legal service, and as a result has an interesting and diversified existing client base as well as a growing demand for high-end legal services from new clients. The combination of the two provides an excellent opportunity for a wide variety of challenging legal work, independent file management and direct client contact, including the ability to quickly develop your own client connections.
From a personal perspective, the Fraser Valley is a great place to live and offers a number of benefits, including a lower cost of living than larger centres (you can actually afford to buy a house!), significantly reduced commuting time and traffic headaches, and a tremendous variety of activities and amenities (such as golfing, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, Cultus Lake, Harrison Lake, etc.) only minutes away, while still being a short drive away from Vancouver. It truly is the best of both worlds.
Baker Newby LLP pays a salary which is competitive with other firms in the Fraser Valley primarily based on experience and ability. Baker Newby LLP’s standard benefits include:
- medical, dental, extended health
- mileage for all work-related travel
- payment of practice fees/professional insurance
Some additional benefits provided by Baker Newby LLP include the following:
- Free parking when available in our parking lot
- A “lawyer’s lunch” every Monday
- A full-firm retreat (including spouses/significant others) every year.
We encourage a balanced life style. Whether your “outside” interests include water sports, golf, mountain biking or the arts, the Fraser Valley meets your needs! The Fraser Valley is a great place to raise a family, with a significantly lower cost of living. Many of our partners, associates and staff have young families. For more details on lifestyle, check out our “Living in the Valley” page.
We organize and host a number of social events to which everyone is welcome. These include the Christmas party, a summer family picnic, an inter-office softball game, and a firm softball team — the Baker Newby Borg (Resistance is Futile)!
We encourage our lawyers in supporting the community and participating in community organizations. Whether it is Rotary, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, the United Way, the Chamber of Commerce or any other community organization of interest to you, your involvement is appreciated and supported!
Every associate will have access to all of the firm’s available resources and support, including the following:
- One of the firm’s greatest strengths is its highly experienced, qualified and friendly staff. Every associate will have access to a secretary, and other staff in accounting, word processing corporate, and administration.
- Baker Newby LLP recognizes the critical role of technology. We are constantly monitoring and upgrading our technology.
- Each associate has a quality computer on his/her desktop with direct Internet and e-mail access. In addition, where required, each associate will be provided a cellular phone for his/her use.
- Each associate also has his/her own office! And with outside windows, no less! (No sharing and no broom closets!)
- For the litigators, our Abbotsford office is located only 1 km from the Abbotsford Courthouse and in Chilliwack our office is located within easy walking distance (approximately two blocks) from a new, state-of-the-art Courthouse.
While we appreciate all applications, only those experienced applicants who are considered will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com