Joshua M. Bach
Josh Bach received his Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) from Sir George Williams University (now Concordia University) in Montreal, his Juris Doctor degree (J.D.) from the University of Windsor, and was called to the bar of Ontario in 1979. After practicing law in Ontario for over 25 years, Mr. Bach relocated to Abbotsford in 2006 and became a member of the Law Society of British Columbia.
Mr. Bach is one of our firm's solicitors and works in our Abbotsford office. He practices in the areas of wills, powers of attorney and representation agreements, and estate planning; purchases and sales of businesses, both by share transfer and asset transfer; new incorporations, shareholder agreements and related matters; corporate and business law including contracts and closely-held corporations; commercial lending and conveyancing; and residential real estate including strata units, refinancings, and co-ownership agreements.
Before moving to BC, Mr. Bach was a sole practitioner for 15 years in Hamilton, Ontario, with a general solicitor’s practice. Previously, he worked with major law firms in Toronto and for the provincial government in the securities industry.
Mr. Bach lives in Abbotsford where he is active in the local community:
- President, Abbotsford & District Bar Association
- Vice-President, Seniors Healthy Aging Resource Environment Society (SHARES)
- Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Fraser Valley
- Director, Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Capital Campaign Committee, Abbotsford Hospice Society
- Member (Legal Representative), Research Ethics Board (REB), University of the Fraser Valley
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Abbotsford
- Member, MSA Museum Society
- Member, Rotary Club of Abbotsford Sumas
Mr. Bach has been a presenter in local seminars providing information on estate issues. In Ontario, Mr. Bach was an instructor for the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario, teaching both the Residential Real Estate and the Estates courses at Mohawk College in Hamilton. Mr. Bach remains a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario).